Tuesday, June 18, 2013

That darn cortisol!

Wow its been a few days since I have posted. This post is for all you people that stress way too much. I do, it is a very bad habit :P In your body is a stress hormone called cortisol that builds fat around your mid-section. For us stressed out people that is something we don't want to add on to our plates. Its a good habit to get into taking some time to yourself every day to do breathing exercises or meditating. That is one way to keep back that darn cortisol. I have always been one to have a stress ball with me at all times. I also love that I am doing these Zumba classes, that is a huge stress reliever to me too.
Doing these things have helped with a lot of other aspects in my life too. It is really important for me to keep my stress level down because I have such severe anxiety. I need to be able to take care of my baby. So not only does doing these stress relieving exercises help with my weight but also helps in taking care of my family :)

Friday June 14, 2013
Breakfast: Oatmeal
Lunch: Corn dog, sugar free jello, juice
Dinner: Turkey/avocado/bacon melt, tomato bisk soup
Weight: 129.9
Exercise: 1 hour of Zumba class

Saturday June 15, 2013
Breakfast: Honey bunch of oats
Lunch: Ham and cheese sandwich, fruit strip
Dinner: 2 slices of pizza, strawberry milk
Dessert: 4 bites of ice cream
Weight: 129.9

Sunday June 16, 2013
Brunch: 1/2 waffle, scrambled eggs, spam, orange juice
Dinner: Lasagna, sugar free jello with yogurt,
Snack: Pink lemonade
Dessert: 3 bites of cheesecake, strawberries
Weight: 128.5

Monday June 17, 2013
Breakfast: Honey bunch of oats
Lunch: 2 slices of pizza
Dinner: Hamburger, grapes, juice
Dessert: 2 bits of red velvet cake
Weight: 128.5
Exercise: 20 minutes of strength training
This is what my baby looks like when momma is not stressed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment